NKUC In Search of Administrative Support
North Kildonan United Church is in search of an Administrative Support person to fill a vacancy beginning Tuesday, Nov. 19. This is a part time, permanent contract position with a six month probationary period. Deadline for application is noon, Tuesday, Oct. 22. Download the PDF notice for details.
Scope: This position supports the Minister, the Unified Board and the congregation regarding all admin functions relative to managing the church office.
• Be a self starter – ability to work on their own without supervision
• Friendly and outgoing as first contact with church
• Be able to function as a member of a team
• Have excellent communications skills and ability to interact with public
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Have strong computer skills and knowledge with Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Word, social media (ie: Facebook, Website Management), and the ability to learn Churchwatch and ChurchHub
• Have ability to create weekly bulletins, posters, newsletters
• Be able to organize, order office supplies, and maintain smooth office functioning
• Have flexible time when required
• Be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality. Empathy and discretion are key qualities given access to financial records, counseling situations, and other private matters.
Previous experience in a United Church environment would be a definite asset
Suggested Hours 10:00AM – 2:00PM (12 hours weekly) Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (Possibility of longer hours at certain times during the year). There may be some flexibility re: days and hours upon further discussions and negotiations. Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience.
Please send a complete resume with a minimum of two job related references (via email) by Noon – Tuesday, October 22, 2019 to:
North Kildonan United Church email@example.com Attention: Ron Fortier
Must have a current criminal records check
A written response may also be dropped off at the above address (174 Pentland St.) by that same deadline, marked “Attention: NKUC Hiring – Ron Fortier”.