History

North Kildonan United Church is home to an active, growing Christian community of some 160 families.

The history of N.K.U.C. goes back over 50 years to 1954 when a group of parents from overcrowded John Black United Church started a Sunday School at Lord Kitchener School (now John Pritchard School) with 30 children and 5 teachers. In 1958 property was purchased just north of Fortier Avenue (there was no Pentland Street at the time). In 1959 the congregation was accepted into the United Church of Canada by Winnipeg Presbytery as North Kildonan United Church. The dedication of the present building was held in January of 1976. We celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2009.

Comments are closed.